There is a LOT of work that goes into creating a quality program for our boys. All leaders in the Pack are volunteers. Each year, boys leave the pack and bridge over to Boy Scouts; and, with them, go the veteran volunteers that have served the Pack for years. The Cub Scout program needs every parent/guardian to help out, even if in a small way. Join an event committee, or talk to one of the adult leaders in uniform to volunteer for one of the many leadership roles in the Pack!
Membership in Pack 335 for 2019 is $65 and is pro-rated for mid-year registration.
Dues cover the following:
- National BSA membership fees and pack chartering
- Boys Life magazine subscription
- Patches and Awards
- Materials for Pack Meeting activities
- Pinewood Derby Kit
Mid-year pro-rated fees:
Uniform and Handbooks
Cub Scouts love their uniforms!
Class A Uniform
==> Average cost for uniform is $38-$48 <==
The "Class A" uniform is an important part of the Scouting program. It identifies the boys with their rank and gives them a sense of belonging to a den, the pack, and Boy Scouts of America. Scouts enjoy wearing their uniform. They should wear it to all den meetings, pack meetings, and special pack activities.
For our Pack we wear the uniform from the belt up so the boys can wear their own pants or shorts with have the following official uniform items:
- Scout shirt (Navy for Cubs, Tan for Webelos)
(includes USA flag patch on shirt)
- Blue woven belt with belt buckle
- Tiger, Wolf, or Bear Cap (based on rank)
- Neckerchief (based on rank)
- Golden Empire Council patch
- Pack 3 3 5 numerals
- Den number patch (ask your Den Leader for number)
- Neckerchief slide (either rank specific, Cub Scout standard, or handmade)
Class B Uniform
The "Class B" uniform is a Pack specific T-shirt that can be worn on den outings or summertime pack activities. They help identify the boys as being a part of a larger organization. There are Class B uniforms available in adult sizes as well!
Add a new Class B t-shirt any time for $7.
Adult Uniforms (optional)
Certain registered adult leaders (such as Den Leaders and the Cubmaster) also wear "Class A" uniforms, but otherwise attending adults need not wear them.
==> Average cost for Scout handbook is $10-$20 <==
There is one handbook for each rank in scouting. The handbook contains a list of requirements for advancing in rank, as well as a list of optional activities or projects that can be done as part of the program. Your Den Leader will use this book to guide the Den meetings and outings. The handbook is one way that you and your Scout can track his progress through the scouting program.
Fundraising is important for continuing the top notch program we have in place and is optional. The proceeds from Fundraising supplement the annual dues, and allow our Scouts and their families to participate in special pack ceremonies and outings without additional cost.
The pack uses PayPal to make it easy to send payments to the pack for various pack activities and application or renewal fees. Sending money to the pack is free when you select "send money to family or friends" option.
To make it easy for you, and allow us to process your payment correctly, please follow the following steps carefully:
- Go to the https://www.paypal.com/signin website.
- LOGIN in using your PayPal account.
- Click on the "Pay or send money" and choose "Send money to family or friends."
- If you select “I’m paying for goods or services” you will create a transaction fee that the pack will be charged.
- Enter in the "To" field: email@example.com to send the payment to our pack treasurer.
- In the "Amount" field enter in the amount you are paying.
- In the "Notes" field include a descriptive not what the payment is for so we can record it against the proper event or registration fee.
- When you get a receipt email, you can print it for your records.
- The treasurer will mark you off as having paid via PayPal